Thursday 13 June 2013

My Upcycled Patio Set

Finished (almost) - my Upcycled patio set constructed from some old pallets, three reclaimed decking posts & a fair few screws, cost? a couple of pounds for the screws!

Just add Sun to enjoy!
I've recently found myself with some spare time on my hands and was looking for a mini project to keep myself occupied, browsing on Google & Pinterest I came across many examples of chairs made of old pallets - some rough & ready, some very slick and proffesional looking - how hard can it be I thought, this is the project for me!

As luck would have it a relative was able to provide me with a number of pallets and as soon as the weather permitted I set to - 3 days later I now have a patio set although I'm looking to treat the wood before the summer draws to a close.

I've been bitten by the bug now and am actively looking for other ways to upcycle pallets - currently toying with the idea of building a vertical garden as the wall behind the table & chairs is empty space and it seems a shame to waste an area that gets sun all day - any ideas or suggestions welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment